Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bad puns are my relegion.

I've taken our paperwork into my own hands. The SGA treasurer has been telling people our forms have been signed, when they haven't. Another club guy informed me of this, and I found that we had a few weeks of paperwork backed up in the office. I took them out, had the SGA president sign them, made copies, and then hand delivered them to the Business department and put the account codes on...because no one in the SGA seems to know them.

I guess if we want anything done at all, we've got to do it ourselves.

The House meeting ran quite well I thought. It went extremely fast, and knowing we had 15k to spend, we didn't begrudge students that pay activity fees and are to busy having lives to show up to House meetings, a thousand dollars or so.

Certain other people didn't think we were being effeciant enough. They showed up about half way through and seemed suprised that we'd actually gotten a lot done in a short amount of time.

I've tried to not have an opinion, or at least a balanced one, on the level of control certain college employees have over the SGA, but I think I've got an opinion now. See, the acronym SGA stands for Student Government Association. It's not SLGA (Student Life Government Association).

Thankfully it was my second to last House meeting, and thankfully I won't be returning for another year of this. I like this college, I'm glad I came here, but I'm glad to be leaving. I've had my fill.

Here's what I think I should be doing with The Critic once we get back from break. I'm going to make a list of things Ben needs to know how to do, and start having him take charge bit by bit. I remember when I took this job, there was a lot of things I hadn't been told I needed to do, or how to do them.

That'll let me begin my slow disconnect from this school, which will make finding work once I leave easier.

No comments: