Thursday, November 29, 2007

"Dude, where are all the chics?"- Everyone at the bar.

Well, the House meeting was as awful as I thought it was going to be. Sure, the agenda looks short, but people feel the need to talk for fifteen minutes at a time about the same crap every week. Although this week the discussion on the minute taking took less that 15 minutes this time, so overall it was a success.

I ended up going to the Packing House after the meeting got out to find Joey, who volunteered to cover the thing. He was gone when I got there, so after watching some topless girls dance on a pole, I went to talk to my old pal Matt, who's a bouncer. Crazy bugger works outside, so I hung out there a bit.

As it happens, Joey didn't get any notes. Can't say as I blame him though, althoug it was a bit vexing. I ended up calling the Packing House today and interviewing the manager, plus I spoke with Joey and got a few quotes from Matt. So there's 500 or so words on the GGW at the Packer, the pictures could be better, but we can't have everything, now can we?

I should warn you all, Thursday is Critic day for me. All I have to say about Thursday is how the newspaper is going. I don't have time for much else. It's Bible class, watch Richard bend time, then off to the office where I sit from 12:30, after getting food from the snackbar, until I'm off to be a tutor at 4:30. Then at 6 it's paper time until 10:30 or 11 depending on how well things go.

I spoke with both a comic artist (a good one!) and a business major. So perhaps we'll have ads and comics soon...less articles, which is good.

Holy crap, it's Thursday...the weeks go by so fast now. Seems like it's Monday...blech. I put an end to the RPC game I run on Friday, so after 2:30 I'm free, free as the wind blows...so long as it blows home and either naps or plays Resident Evil 4.

Anyway, here's to hoping the photo lab doesn't get locked.

No comments: