Wednesday, November 28, 2007

You would think this would be easy...

The reporter I assigned to cover the Girls Gone Wild bus being at the Packer suddenly remembered she has to baby-sit. Which means I now have to find someone to go up there and cover it. I sent out an e-mail to everyone I can remember who's written for the Critic, but somehow I get the feeling I'm spitting into the wind.

You would think getting someone to write about topless women would be easy, but it's actually more difficult than you would think. It's only been about five minutes since I put out the call, so perhaps I'm overreacting. Naw...

I'd do it myself but I have to attend a House meeting. There aren't words for how lame that is by comparisson. Especially this particular session where the SGA prez gets to defend his veto of three unanimous decisions. Fweee!

For real though, we suck if we don't get an article on that GGW bus... I'll be the first person to admit that it's not the most intellectual thing going on, but considering our audience and where we're located, it's a big deal.

I will be thoroughly annoyed if we get zilch on it.

On a better note, photo class was short, if non-existant, so I was able to get some real work done early. Mainly responding to a mess of e-mails I'd otherwise forget about.

I'm still up a creek on that Joyce essay. I have no idea about what I'm going to say on Ulysess. From all the lectures I've heard, no one knows. The only people who might have been driven mad by Joyce and thus, write like him: incomprehensibly. Thankfully, I only need to write five pages, as opposed to the ten I would need had I been lazy earlier this semester.

I've got a bad feeling about this week. Thursday night, the night we put the Critic together, is going to be one of "those" nights. Granted, I say this every week, but this time I mean it.

Pray for me people. And pray for someone to get up to the ******* Packing House.

No comments: