Friday, November 30, 2007

It's hard to come up with funny entry titles.

I witnessed one of those awkward scenes...two women, one older, one younger, come into the Critic office. They ask to use the phone. I say, "sure." Why not? It's not like we're billed on it or anything.

Turns out the girl was some kind of client working with the older one. A human services type thing, or something. The girl, it appeared, had a severe disagreement with the older one and there was much yelling and accusations of lying.

None of us in the office were busy and I don't think the worker planned for the scene to occur, so it's no big deal. Still, it's somewhat amusing that we were all quiet and had all suddenly found something to read while this was going on. As though we weren't paying attention to the scene unfolding. Funny how people do that.

We forgot to run a few ads in the paper...they were free, so I don't feel THAT bad, but still...something we'll have to rectify somehow.

Right now I'm questing for a short essay on James Joyce and Shakespeare that I can respond to for five pages. Actually, I'm leaning towards disagreeing with something Joyce said about photography not being art...I want to agree with him, but I don't think I do.

I'm faced with a decision: go see Matt later, or take it easy. I just spoke with him, we discussed New Years celebrations. Should be fun, now that Kathy drinks. She used to hate drinking like bees hate cell phone towers, but she's lightened up recently.

Speaking of Kathy, we had an argument last night over MSN. We have one about every few months, so it's not a big deal, but sometimes, after thinking about the subject matter, they seem more like venting than anything else.

She was mad at me for being snappy at her earlier that day. I said I was sorry, but then added a few complaints of my own. Somehow we ended up arguing over moving to Colorado with my brother and Kathy's ex-best friend...

That's all I'll say about it. I had a co-worker one time who talked on and on about his relationship...I swear, the worst story another human being can tell is one about the intricacies of his or her relationship. It might be a guy thing, but I remember Kathy, who worked there too, didn't care for it either.

Sometimes it was funny, but not often.

No comments: