Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What happens in NYC, likely get spread around and lands us all in jail...

Back from New York and only half an hour late for work.

One thing that did bug me was the $5 and $7 water bottles in the rooms that were set on light sensors. If you took them off for more than 30 seconds, you got billed. I had a free one for being a speaker, and I'll say this much: the water was not worth what they were charging. Not by a lot.

I learned quite a bit at the convention. I've got some ideas I'd like to put to work with the Critic. Mostly layout and design stuff, but anti-paper theft and increasing our ad revanue are some other things.

I was told I should focus on one thing at a time. I've got roughly half a semester left, so if I try to do too much, I'll get nothing done. I pick design and layout...maybe some ads. I'll leave the rest for my successors.

My damned AC adapter died too. The problem was the adapter all along...so I need to get on that. I pretty much live off that lap top of mine.

Go check the Critic's Web site for the article on the homeless guy I spoke with. The interview was pretty intense. He insisted on writing his answers with my pen and note pad. I've never had a subject do that before.

Homeless types are characters, I'll tell ya. I've met quite a few and I have yet to meet one that wasn't an odd ball. That could be why they don't have jobs. If I ever get work as a reporter and get sent after homeless people, I'm going to find out why they can't get work. I think I know why, but some solid stuff on it would be nice.

Anyway, the convention was crazy. I need to collect my thoughts on it.

Behind me, some one is getting tutored in business. They seem to be complaining about the assignment they got. Life is rough, I'll get my tiny violin.

No comments: