Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It's on MyPod and iSpace

The point of having news meetings on Tuesdays is so we can get stuff assigned ahead of time. With only half, on a good day, of our members making the meetings I'm wondering if something shouldn't be done.

Ben tells me we've got pictures, I told them to think in terms of photo spreads, and we're still waiting on people's articles.

To the mind of a student, especially a student journalist, due Tuesday means sometime Wednesday, or at the earliest, 11 p.m. Tuesday evening.

Last issue was the best so far, I'm hoping for a repeat this week, but I've got that feeling. People tend to be a little rusty coming off a break, including myself.

Budgeting meetings start this week. Let's all pray the Critic's budget doesn't get slashed to pieces because I didn't sell ads. It would be silly to punish next year's staff for my errors. At least that's what I'll tell them.

Currently, the Critic's greatest threat is the Final Fantasy Tactics game I bougt for my PSP over the weekend. It's just like the old Playstation version, only they changed what stank and left in what rocked. Rare for a game company, I know. I see myself sinking a lot of valuable hours into it.

No comments: