Friday, February 22, 2008

If it weighs ten pounds, does it matter if it's a frog or a toad?

We don't print the week before a break, so I had it easy the past few days. I was a bit nervous about our budget packet getting through, but even the House meeting was relatively smooth. We were out by 11 and I didn't have a headache when I left.

Our business manager might wrangle us some ads before long, via an ad agency. Perhaps, cross our fingers everyone, we'll have some fundraising to report come budget time.

I edited some articles for the online version a few minutes ago. Punched up some headlines and tweaked the content.

Over the break, me and the adviser are going to plan our pannel for the convention we'll be attending. Guess what I'm not looking forward to doing? Stage fright to say the least.

Oh, the VP of SGA resigned. Seems they can't have more than two exec board members at anyone time or something...maybe I'll stick that up on the Web site over break. I'm sure there's a photo of him around somewhere.

Oh, apparently the Gay/Straight Alliance was mad at us. Champagne's article about Kemp and Buckley briefly mentioned their selling penis and vagina cookies for a fundraiser. He was comparing it to something about Kemp's lack of a shirt...I guess they were upset. I haven't figured out why, or the reasoning behind it, but it wouldn't be the first time I've heard complaints with no grounds whatsover.

We did a story on RAs a semester ago and one got upset and accused us of putting words in her mouth or something to that effect. She was basically quited as having no comment, so I'm not sure what she was mad about either.

I guess it's the valid complaints I should worry about, like the Valentine's Day messages. Giving some one their money back would be much easier if they'd let us know who they were to begin with...

No comments: