Thursday, February 7, 2008

In which I complain, a lot.

You'll want some coffee for this one:

So I go to the House meeting like usual, no big deal. My friend John gets his Jujutsu club started, great, fantastic. This is after the usual rigmarole of House, with the minutes and the re-electing the executive board, you know, stuff you do every meeting.

It comes time to ask for the Critic's trip money. Now you might think that by my tone, we didn't get it. Quite the opposite really, we got $300 extra because the guy from Ultimate thought we'd need more for gas money. This threw me off so badly, I actually argued with him. I argued against getting more money. Read that last line again, just so it sinks in.

Anyway, despite all that, we got the motion passed and I was more than grateful.

The meeting progressed and that's about when my good mood came down with a bad case of cancer and died. I think we spent over half an hour discussing things that didn't need to take five minutes. Stuff we'd already talked about and formed committees to act upon.

For example: We spent a good half an hour talking about a tardiness policy. How should people be punished for leaving early or coming in late and thus not suffering as long as everyone else. At some point, the question was raised "Who even wants a tardiness policy?"

Guess how many? ZERO. We spent half an hour talking about something no one cared about.

The meeting adjourned sometime around 1 a.m. I was pretty irritated, but not half as irritated as I was about to be. I live up a hill, which in the wintertime, becomes impassable for my front-wheel drive Buick Skylark. Mainly at 1:30 a.m. when the plows are all asleep.

As you can imagine, I try to make it up the hill. No luck, so I try to back down only to back into a snow bank where I get stuck. One a.m., snowy hill, still half a mile to go.

Lucky me, a snowmobiler shows up and gave me a lift. Froze me, but I got home before 2, so I'm not complaining about that. In fact, I take back every bad thing I've ever said about snow machines.

Anyway, I'm at school early on four hours of sleep and there's a Critic to put out. It's going to be quite the day.

No comments: