Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Until you run out of cake.

Well, we just had our Tuesday meeting and I can't say as I'm pleased. Two people didn't show up and didn't send e-mails telling me why and the one who had an excuse didn't send her e-mail with her story ideas. If it wasn't for this being the week when stories are due for the Advanced News Writing class, we might be up a creek.

I'm not completely irritated, though. The people that did show up have done their part, and I'm not too worried about filling this week's issue. It's next week I'm concenrned about. I might have to end up doing a few myself here like last semester, which is annoying because I'm no longer graded by my writing.

My Wednesday is free and clear, so we'll see what I can scrum up tomorrow or some of today. I'm hoping I see one of our columnists so I can speak with her about something. Which reminds me, "Moments Like These" should be back, plus there's that Portner thing I keep forgetting.

Oh, we did go see NEK sportsnet.com's production facility...classic Vt. small business. They had their stuff together despite being in a basement (a nice basement too). We'll be working with them for a class, but I'm not sure what we can give that they don't have in spades already.

No comments: