Monday, December 3, 2007

Chemicals taste bad.

The roads are bad today. The college was closed until about one, which did me no good because none of my classes start until three today. I came in and the photo lab was empty, as I thought it might be so I was able to make prints in peace. The downside being that I had to set up and clean up by my lonesome.

I think I fogged some of my paper. That doesn't make me happy in the least. That stuff is expensive.

I read my e-mail and I see my next Critic article. Some looney came up to a woman in her car and got after her about something. She drove off and called her roomates. The Public Safety Director explained the entire event in an e-mail and then did a follow-up explaining how it was a case if mistaken identity.

I'll interview him tomorrow about it. My guess is I'll get no new info and names, as usual, will be withheld.

That makes kind of sense for this case, but it's the same way with any other type of thing. Someone does something bad on campus, they get caught, they get punished, their names are withheld.

I was always under the impression that a large part of the concept of punishment was deterence. If people don't know anything happened, it only stops that one person from misbehaving. It happened with a few things last year.

Perhaps I'll suggest a change next time I get a chance.

Anyway, the drive home is going to be fun. It's still snowing, I also need to buy gas.

No comments: