Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Did I shut the coffee pot off?

I'm going to count today as a success. A fair margin of stories came in on time and this was the last news meeting of the semester.

Tena Star, from the Caledonian Record came in to speak with us. She's the one that interviewed me about Jordan's sex column that caught all that heat a few months back. Apparently being a reporter pays a little more than I thought, but it's also a lot of work. She told us she does two articles a day, which made me laugh because some people complain about doing two a week.

We also discussed a few ethical issues she'd run across. You run into some icky stuff when you're a journalist. Hearing Red's long-winded answer to her moral dilemma was also amusing.

Kathy decided she might come to the tree decorating get-together my family usually has. Normally she'd be there along with everyone else and there would be no problem, but this year she and her best friend, AKA my brother's girlfriend, decided to have a falling out.

I feel like I've mentioned this before...probably because it's been a slight issue for a little while now. Neither one of them cares enough to reach out to the other and it doesn't look like either one will, so it looks like it's going to be an awkward scene come Friday or Sunday, depending.

Personally, I'd rather eat the damned Christmas tree than be in the same room with tension like that.

Speaking of eating trees, I was down in South Station once where I put two bags of green tea in a cup before boarding a train for a nine-hour ride to Baltimore. Can you guess what that much green tea tastes like? A pine tree, that's what. I don't advise it.

No comments: